Skip to main content

THERE'S A POET IN EVERYONE, BOOK REVIEW



DESCRIPTION

This book aims at introducing poetry lovers to different forms of poetry to help many aspiring poets to keep writing and enjoying poetry. This is to create a base among the poetry lovers to get a feel and understanding about poetry. Becoming a great poet is indeed a monumental task, but learning and enjoying poetry is not. Learning various forms of poetry hooks the creative part of a poet that unleashes the new dimensions of poet and poetry. “There’s a Poet in Everyone” and everyone can learn poetry, share and enjoy it.


MY REVIEW



When power leads man towards arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the area of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses. This quote by John F. Kennedy holds true and it somewhere also inspires me to keep on writing.



Writing my heart out, penning my emotions in the form of poems has always been my cup of tea. One day randomly scrolling through social media, I came across this book in a friend's feed named as, There's a poet in Everyone by Dr. Diwakar Pokhriyal and I was startled because I thought, Is it so? Is writing poems such an effortless task? Because to the contrary, I was stuck onto the fact that I was blessed and Oh! It is in my genes!

To satiate my suspicion, I bought the kindle edition of this book and I started reading it. And trust me, I was so captivated by the content of the book that I finished it overnight.

I admit that I was never aware of what all forms can Poems be drafted in.
ABC poetry, Freedopoetry, Fibonacci, there are hundred such forms explained beautifully throughout the book. The author indeed seems very meticulous.
The usage of vocabulary, examples, the short poems mentioned all of it is highly appreciable.

I am in short of words, while I express my pleasure after reading the book. I am glad that having learnt the minutest details of Poetry formation conveyed in the book, I can now ink my emotions more appropriately.

I am glad to give this book a 5/5 star.

You can grab your book from Amazon, available in both paperback and kindle edition:

I also have a profile on goodreads, wherein I have done many such reviews as I am an avid reader!
Do read my reviews there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review, Mythological Monologues

  DESCRIPTION How did Ahalya feel when Sage Gautam cursed her to be a stone? How did Eklavya feel when Dronacharya asked for his right thumb as his Guru Dakshina? How did Karna feel when he learned he was the brother of the Pandavas before the Kurukshetra war? How did Draupadi go through the various trials and tribulations of her life? What was her anchor? How did Arjuna feel after being enlightened by Lord Krishna on the battlefield of Kurukshetra? The friendship of Sudama, the love of Radha, the longing of Rukmini, the devotion of Shabari, the compassion of Sita, and the revenge of Shikhandi also find a place in this book of dramatic monologues. Embark on this fascinating journey inside the minds of iconic characters of Ramayana and Mahabharata. Listen closely to their voices and dive deep into their hearts. Maybe, you will find yourself in some of them. MY REVIEW Being an avid reader, I am a person who is ever keen at searching out good books and reading them. So recently, I came ac

Contemporary critics and critical theories, Book review

MY REVIEW  An excellent and a  very helpful book for all the students who are basically into the preparation of Net or who are willing to go for PHd in the subject of English Literature. Contemporary critics and Critical Theories by Dr. Dushyant Nimavat is a masterpiece. As we all know, the right source of study material in our preparation for any examination, helps us a great deal. So yes, this is a great book for all those aspiring to do research.  This book comprises of various chapters that comprises of various modern, post modern poets, their critics and it also includes Contemporary theories like Formalism, Structuralism, deconstruction etc. The book also throws a light on some of the eminent poets like Simone De, Julia Kristeva and their contribution towards Feminism. The best part about it is that the author has tried to confine all the theories and critics in a very uncomplicated manner which assists you in getting thorough with the topics without any hassle.  It is a comprehe
तो इश्क़ करना जिस्म ही नहीं, रूह छू सको तो इश्क़ करना हुक्म नहीं, साथ बैठ सलाह ले सको तो इश्क़ करना फब्तियाँ कसना नहीं, कभी तारीफों में दो शब्द कह सको, तो इश्क़ करना मालिक नहीं, कभी हमराज़ बन सको तो इश्क़ करना परदे पर ही नहीं, असलियत में इज्जत दे सको तो इश्क़ करना महज दिखावे के लिए नहीं भरी महफिल में बेखौफ हाथ पकड़ चल सको तो इश्क़ करना अपनी शर्तों को मनवाना ठीक है, उसकी शर्तों पर भी कभी बेझिझक उतर सको, तो इश्क़ करना वो मेरी है इस बात की रट नहीं, कभी तुम भी उसके बन सको तो इश्क़ करना सात फेरों को मात्र साक्षी मान कर नहीं दिल से उसे जीवन में संगिनी बना हमराही बन सको तो इश्क़ करना।